Worry, Worry, Worry, The Cure
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble
Trouble been doggin’ my soul
Since the day I was born.
Worry, worry, worry, worry
Worry just will not seem to leave
My mind alone
On a piece of paper make a list of things that you are concerned about and/or worry about. Go ahead, make the list and place it to the side. We will look at your list in a moment.
It is true so many people are bound by trouble and worry.
What is worry?
It is defined as:
- give way to anxiety or unease; allow one’s mind to dwell on difficulty or troubles.
- to fret, be concerned, agonize, overthink, brood, panic, lose sleep, get worked up, get stressed, stew, torment oneself
Do you suffer from worry? Is your mind locked into the rigors of daily decision making? Imagine this with me…
Imagine NEVER WORRYING ABOUT ANYTHING… BEING WORRY FREE!
Are you thinking this is impossible? Maybe you are saying: “Come on, worry is a natural part of my life”… or “I don’t really worry. I just live a “concerned” life.”
OK. You can live a “concerned” free life too. No more concerns or worrys.
What if I share with you a proven way or template for a worry free life?
No, it’s not complicated and it doesn’t involve a 10 step program or even a 5 step program.
It is a 1 step CURE ending all worry. Yes! It’s that easy.
There are many types of worry. You name it and you have probably worried about it. Life is loaded with endless worries… if you let it be.
Let’s break down some common circumstances that lead to worry.
You may worry because of:
- GUILT: Is your worry produced by feeling guilty about something from your past? Let me say, all of us have sinned and come short of God’s glory. All of us have regrets and “what ifs” in our life. You should be encouraged to know that God has forgiven all of your “regrets and what ifs”. You can actually leave your guilt at the feet of Jesus. It’s true, what’s over your head is under His feet.
Psalm 32:1-5 says you have JOY because the Lord has cleared your record of guilt. All that is required from you is a confession. His word says your guilt is gone. VANISHED leaving no trace!
- Broken Relationships: So many times the enemy attacks us through relationships with family and friends. Maybe you have suffered through a difficult divorce or split in the family. You are broken and all alone.
The enemy will target us where it hurts the most and there is nothing worse than rejection from a husband, wife, children, mother, father, family, best friend or our church family. Deuteronomy 31:6 commands you to be strong and courageous! Do not let others worry you or to cause fear. Please remember that your Lord God is with you and He will never leave you. Wow! What a comforting promise! We should live a life of joy and worry free… while comforting one another and agreeing with one another.
This will give you peace. 2 Corinthians 13:11
- Overwhelming Circumstances: Many of us worry about circumstances. Have you ever found yourself wound up like a top? Why? Is it because of finances, utility bills or a change on the job? Is it the co-worker that gets under your skin?
I know at times in our life storm clouds follow us. There seems to be no way out and then you cry. Jesus! Help! And suddenly He appears to rebuke the storm clouds. He can restore peace to your life. Even the winds and waves obey Him. Matthew 8:23-27
Now if you searched google… looking for ways to cure worry. You will find many programs that claim to solve worry.
I say really?? Seriously? I have my doubts … but let’s look at some.
- The Worry Cure: 7 Steps To Stop Worry From Stopping You – the title alone is a mouthful and who can manage 7 steps when your life is upside down.
- Web MD claims they have 9 Steps to End Chronic Worrying. They out did The Worry Cure by 2 steps.. it must work. If 7 steps is too much then forget 9.
Some suggestions from these sources include:
- Bore yourself calm – repeat your fear over and over until it disappears
- Make yourself uncomfortable and you will worry less
Silly… Silly… Silly!
Last but certainly not least… Dr. Oz has his own theory to cure worry. One thing he suggests is to carry a balloon in your pocket. When you feel threatened by worry then reach for the balloon and blow it up. By blowing up the balloon you will decrease the heart rate and lower blood pressure. Hey, I know Dr. Oz has good intentions. He helps many people every day. And I’m sure he is a very good Doctor. But he has this wrong.
Do you want to know a 1 STEP CURE FOR WORRY? Instead of reaching for the balloon let us reach for Jesus. Reach for His word. Try communicating to Him. There is Power in Prayer.
It’s that easy… it really is. No 10 Step Program, no 7 Step, and no 5 Step and not even 3 Step.
It’s a 1 Step Cure.
“Pray to Jesus”… Allow Him to be first in your life. Be blessed!
*** Now pick up the worry list that you wrote and while holding it in your hand pray these verses of encouragement then destroy the list. Throw the list away. It belongs to God. Remember to pray. ***
Matthew 6:33-34 33 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. 34 “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.
Philippians 4:6 6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.
Psalm 5:1-3 1 O Lord, hear me as I pray; pay attention to my groaning. 2 Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for I pray to no one but you. 3 Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly.
1 Peter 5:7 7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.
- All of us must practice living a life free of worry.
I have heard so many people acknowledge their worries… even giving their worries a name or title. Do not recognize worry or pain by giving it a name.
We name our children and pets because they are alive and breathing. Your worries are dead because Jesus paid the price on the CROSS. Therefore worries do not deserve a name. We need to change the way we think and the way we speak.
SPEAK and THINK life.
Instead of naming and recognizing your worries, speak down to it. Curse it! Rebuke it! Take hold of it by prayer and complete surrender to Jesus!
Philippians 4 tells us to speak of everything that is GOOD and REJOICE at all times. You can have a worry free life and experience that PEACE THAT PASSES ALL UNDERSTANDING. YOU CAN DO ALL THINGS BECAUSE OF CHRIST.
Start today. Begin today. Draw the line in the sand today. Put into action a lifestyle of PRAYER and live worry free.
Let’s run our race with endurance… focusing on Jesus, THE CHAMPION of our faith run