It’s Your Choice
Have you ever had USDA Choice Steak? Did so-and-so offer you some Choice Words?
The word choice can have different meanings; good or bad. Personally, I prefer choice steak over choice words.
Choice is defined as making a decision when faced with two or more possibilities. The outcome of our choices can be good or bad.
Every day we are faced with choices like; Where to live? Where to work? Who to marry? What to buy? Where to go? What to eat? What to wear? When to stop? When to go?
And other choices like: When to pray? What to say? When to follow? When to lead? What to look at? When to witness? What to read? How to fast? When to give?
Many years ago I made a choice to work at Big Bear Grocery. Little did I realize that choice would lead to my lovely wife, fantastic children and a family that serves God!
At the time, that choice wasn’t a big deal. I needed some part time work while attending school; no more no less. Now years later, I can say that was one of the best choices I have ever made. More than I bargained for.
Admittedly, I have made some other choices that didn’t turn out so good. I will plead the fifth on that!
God has given you the ability to choose between good and bad or right and wrong. What will you do? What choice will you make?
In Matthew 7:13-14 Jesus presented you a choice to take the wide gate or the narrow gate. This choice comes with fair warning but ultimately no one can make that choice for you. You must decide for yourself.
Throughout the bible God presented many choices.
Have you ever wondered what would have happened if Abraham chose to stay home; instead of taking his son Isaac to the mountain? Abraham would have missed the blessings of God; the promise to multiply his descendants and to protect them from the enemy. The decision of this choice determined Abraham’s future. Genesis 22:2 Genesis 22:15-18
Moses had a choice; a choice to go or to stay. God wanted Moses to return to Egypt and lead the people out of Pharaoh’s stronghold. Moses did not want to go and pleaded with God to stay. Ultimately Moses made the right choice. He went and many people were freed from bondage. The decision of this choice determined Moses’s future. Exodus 3:10-11
Matthew had a choice; a choice to be a Tax Collector or a Disciple. Chances are you have been there too; deciding what career path to choose. Jesus gave Matthew the choice of becoming His disciple and immediately Matthew followed Jesus! Who would have written the “Book of Matthew” if Matthew remained a Tax Collector? The decision of this choice determined Matthews’s future. Matthew 9:9
And finally, Judas had a choice; a choice to betray Jesus or to betray Satan. You know the story. Judas allowed Satan to enter into him and then he betrayed Jesus with a kiss. Are you betraying your friends with a smile and a kiss while crucifying them? Don’t make the same choice as Judas. The decision of this choice determined Judas’s future. John 13:7
Philippians 4:8 reminds us to have thoughts of love, honor, truth and purity. If this is your focus then making choices will become easier.
Let’s look a little deeper on how to make the right choice.
- Always Pray – When you think of all the choices, always pray to the Father. There is power in prayer! Ephesians 3:14
- Listen To Truth – The Spirit of Truth will guide you. Listen and recognize the Holy Spirit in your life. Allow Him to guide you while making choices. John 16:13
- Be Pure – Surround yourself with good company; stay away from childish acts and choose to live a righteous and faithful life. Your choices will become easier. 2 Timothy 2:22
- Love God – Love God with all of your heart and your choices will work out better for you. Life and your choices won’t always be the best but when you love God, He will cause everything to work together for the good of you! Romans 8:28
- Obey – Be willing to obey the voice of God. Often we seek advice for a decision we are making; then we end up not taking the advice. God may send someone your way with good advice regarding your next choice in life. Open up your heart and mind and obey the voice of God. By doing so, you will make better choices. 1 Samuel 15:22
God had to make a choice; a choice to give His only Son in exchange for you. John 3:16 Jesus made a choice too; a choice to leave Heaven and die on a cross for you. John 6:38
Mark the calendar. Starting today make the right choices in life. Dedicate your life to Christ and allow Him to guide you in decision making. Do not depend on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5
There is one choice that has eternal implications. The most ultimate choice in your life is to choose Christ or not to choose Christ.
– The decision of this choice determines your future.
“But if you refuse to serve the Lord, then choose today whom you will serve. Would you prefer the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates? Or will it be the gods of the Amorites in whose land you now live? BUT AS FOR ME AND MY HOUSE, WE WILL SERVE THE LORD!” – Joshua 24:15
Make this choice with me today!
Let’s run our race with endurance… Focusing on Jesus, THE CHAMPION of our Faith Run